I’ve known the lovely R. Scarlett for a long time now, and she’s fabulous. Kind. Helpful. Immensely supportive. She’s made a name for herself on Wattpad and is gearing up to publish her first book next month. Which I’m so excited for. And will purchase a paperback version like a giddy schoolgirl.
Go show her some love, guys!
- Tell me a little about your upcoming release. Vein of Love is my first debut novel. It’s the first novel in the beginning of a series basically about the demon mafia and the foe-to-lovers intense relationship as they fight against themselves and his society. I mean, really, demons and the mafia? What more could you ask for?
- What was the first scene you plotted for it? Feel free to be vague so we don’t ruin the surprise, but why did that particular scene turn your plot bunny into a full-blown novel? The first scene I plotted for this novel was the couple meeting after Molly’s attack. There was so much mystery, even to me at the time of writing it of who Tensley was and his chaotic world shoved upon her. Plus, I loved his snarky comments and how he came off as an ass, but there was always a glimpse of something more.
- What are your biggest fears about this release? My biggest fears of this release that no one will love it! I love hearing readers head over heels for the characters, but I fear readers will feel ‘meh’ about the book. But don’t all authors fear that? I’m sure it’s a common fear.
- If your two main characters had a “ship name”, what would it be? (Example: Brangelina, Clintasha, Bellamort etc.) I swore I had a few readers make up a ship name but I can’t remember it. It’d probably be Mosley hahahaha!
- Where would your main character love to spend their summer vacation, and who would they spend it with? Molly would love to spend her holiday in France, most likely all the museums she could find. Tensley would probably prefer Spain or Italy at his family’s villa, preferably with lots of whiskey.
Except that she’s very much betrothed, and he’s very much a demon—one who’s only agreed to the nuptials to steal Molly’s ancient daemon powers. Brash, arrogant, and built like a Greek god, Tensley Knight keeps showing up to save Molly from otherworldly attacks, only to insult her a moment later.
As Molly learns more about the demon world, she realizes two things: that her family’s safety depends on a successful marriage, while any chance of freedom she’ll ever have calls for Tensley’s demise.
Yet sometimes Molly spots a tortured soul beyond those liquid grey eyes, and there’s no denying the way her skin tingles when Tensley touches it. In Vein of Love, safety requires sacrifice, foe becomes lover, and one must decide whether to kiss…or to kill.
R. Scarlett lives in a small quaint town in Southern Ontario, Canada and has an unhealthy obsession with mythology and romance.
From studying English literature and minoring in History, she loves losing herself in a good book and snuggling up to her Brittany Spaniel.
When she’s not writing or plotting a delicious novel, she can be found hanging out with friends and family, going on long car rides, exploring small towns, or watching reruns of Sex and the City.