Bite Me If You Can by Lynsay Sands
Yeesh. 2.5 stars for me.
What I liked:
– the humor. I thought there were some really genuinely funny moments throughout the book. The author had a great voice and knew how to embarrass her characters.
– that the story featured one of my favourite romance tropes: grumpy old immortal has hard exterior chipped away at by the love of his life, and then jk he’s actually a softy.
What I didn’t like:
– the fact that about two thirds of the whole book was basically a giant info-dump about this world’s vampires, how nanos make them perfect, and Atlantis. It went on FOREVER after Leigh finally stopped changing.
– the Big Bad was defeated in like three pages of the climax starting.
– yeah, mostly just the insane amount of info-dumping. It kind of works for someone who hasn’t read the other books in the series (like me — but even I got tired of it), but it must have been mindnumbingly boring if you’ve read the first five books and know the lore already
Basically, this book felt like filler to me. I liked Lucian and Leigh, but I didn’t feel like I had enough time to see them develop as a couple, and this was in a full. length. book. So, yeah. Bit of a shoulder-shrugger for me. I WOULD be interested in reading more from the series, provided all the info-dumping isn’t something that happens in every book.